ECVA 2000 Valve Actuator External for all Vici valve heads for LC and GC
An advanced valve actuator to control injection and switching valves in LC and GC (liquid and gas chromatography)-the external (standalone) version
- Files to download 2
The ECVA 2000 Valve Actuator External is an advanced valve actuator designed to control injection, switching and selector valves in liquid and gas chromatography (LC and GC) applications. The ECVA 2000 supports 2-position and multi-position valves.
Main features and benefits
- Motor stall detection –The valve actuator detects that the motor has stopped rotating due to mechanical obstruction or the use of the wrong valve type and stops it from running. This prevents damage to its mechanical components.
- Safe shutdown in case of power failure – If a power failure occurs while the motor is running, the device stops the motor, stores the current encoder position in the memory, and then safely shuts down. Therefore, valve position information is not lost and no calibration is required when the power is restored.
- Switching speed optimization – The actuator adjusts the switching speed depending on the valve type used. That way the position switching is performed at the maximum possible speed. The transition time between two positions is only 95 ms for selected valve types.
- External/embedded versions – The Valve Actuator ECVA 2000 comes in two versions, either with a metallic cover for external use or without a cover for embedded use.
- Smart control and diagnostics – An advanced communication protocol is used, which features a fast response time, calibration with a single command, and the possibility to read event and error logs for quick problem diagnostics.
Communication: The ECVA 2000 can be controlled through an RS232 interface or TTL-compatible digital inputs. Additionally, an ERVIN communication module can be connected, extending the communication options to USB and Ethernet interfaces. The ECVA 2000 is fully supported by ECOMAC software (support for Clarity software is planned for the future).
|In case of power failure valve position preserved
|between 2 positions - only 95 ms (for selected valve types)
|RS232 (Canon DB9 male), External interface, after connecting an additional ERVIN module-also USB and LAN (not included in price)
|Dimensions W x H x D
|63.5 x 83 x 109 mm (2.5 x 3.27 x 4.3 Inch)
|1.250 kg (2.755 lb)
|24-30 VDC, min. 1A. Power connector coaxial 5.5 / 2.1 mm, center pin positive